Computer Not Well ? Bring It In!
Computer Viruses are one of the major causes of problems experienced by our customers. Although more and more people are becoming aware that they need to have some form of internet security on their computer – many still do not realise that there is no 100% form of protection. Even computers utilising the latest and greatest anti-virus software programs can still be susceptible to viruses, malicious software (malware), spyware and adware.
If your computer is infected with a malicious computer virus, it may begin to show a number of different symptoms that can be an indication of a virus or malware. These infections can be very harmful to your PC by damaging root files, and various program files. A computer virus can increase the risk of further hacks and security threats, and open the door to even more unauthorized downloads and software installations.
- Your files may appear to be moving, changing size or doing other suspicious things
- Your computer runs slower than usual
- Your computer stops responding or it locks up frequently
- Your computer crashes, and then it restarts every few minutes
- Your computer restarts on its own
- Applications on your computer do not work correctly
- Disks or disk drives are inaccessible
- You cannot print items correctly
- Your computer displays unusual error messages
- You can see distorted menus and dialog boxes
- There is a double extension on an attachment that you recently opened such as a .jpg, .vbs, .gif, or .exe extension
- If you have an anti-virus program installed, it may become disabled for no reason. Also it cannot be restarted.
- If you don’t already have an anti-virus program installed, your computer may not let you install one. It may not even let you visit websites that provide anti-virus or internet security programs for download.
- New icons appear on the desktop that you did not put there or the icons are not associated with any recently installed programs
Be aware that many of these symptoms can also be caused by hardware or other software problems. It is important that you find the real cause of the problem before it gets any worse to prevent major damage to your computer and its files.
The best course of action if your computer is displaying the above symptoms, is to bring your machine in to us so we can properly diagnose the problem and repair where possible.
We recommend Kaspersky Internet Security. This can be purchased in the store.